Will I own my own home?

Yes, when you buy a home at Central Village you own it and lease the land it occupies.

What type of contract is it when I buy a home?

There are two documents that you enter into when you buy a home. The first is a contract to purchase your home. The second is a residential site agreement that provides your ongoing rights to live at the village.

What is a site agreement?

This is an agreement you have with the owner of Central Village that provides you with exclusive entitlement to occupy the land on which your house sits. A weekly fee is payable which covers council rates and maintenance of all village facilities.

How secure is my site agreement?

Your tenure is secure under the Residential (Land Lease) Communities Act 2013 & Regulations 2015 and is supported by NSW State Government legislation.

Is there a cooling off period?

Yes, you are entitled to rescind this agreement by providing notice in writing to that effect within 14 days of signing the site agreement.

Can I sell my home?

Yes, you can sell your house whenever you wish, we can assist you in selling or you can appoint a licensed Real Estate agent.

Can I include my home in my Will?

Yes, your home is part of your estate’s assets and as such it can be included in your Will. Your beneficiaries may sell the home anytime and all sale proceeds and capital gains belong to them.

There are no hidden costs or exit fees.

What are my weekly fees?

The weekly fees for the upkeep of the common areas, gardening, water and council rates and land rental are $175 to $185 per week. You may be entitled to rental assistance to help subsidise these fees.

Can I receive a government rebate or subsidy on my weekly fees?

Yes, if you qualify for a pension or payments through Centrelink or Veterans Affairs you may receive a rental assistance on your weekly fee. See: www.centrelink.gov.au

How do I pay my weekly village fees?

For your convenience fees are paid by direct debit from your nominated bank account, fortnightly in advance.

Are there any other costs?

You are responsible for maintenance and upkeep of your own home and services to your home which include electricity, sewer, water, telecommunications, and home and contents insurance.

Does the fee increase over time?

The site fees are adjusted annually based on the residential site agreement.

Do I need to pay council rates?

No, Council rates are included in your weekly fee which also covers other outgoings such as security, village rates, common property and village facilities.

How much stamp duty do I pay for my home?

None, Stamp duty does not apply to homes in Central Village.

Are there any exit fees when I sell my home?

No exit fees or deferred management fees apply to the sale of your home. All monies and any capital gain received in the sale of your home are yours to keep.

How is my utilities usage determine/paid?

Each unit is separately measured or metered from which you will receive an itemised account for electricity, gas & water usage which allows at least 21 days for payment to be made.

What are the security arrangements?

Central Village is a gated community with access to residents and guests. Residents & guests can access the village through the entry gates on Arthur Street.

When will my unit be completed?

It will take 8 – 12 weeks for your unit to be constructed.

Is there external storage?

Yes, you do have the option to purchase a 3.1m x 0.9m storage shed in addition to your home purchase. There is room for the shed in the back yard area.

Are the units air conditioned?

Yes, each unit includes a split system air conditioning. Each unit also includes a (natural) gas bonnet for extra heating.

What is the quality and warranty on my new house?

All homes are architectural designed to suit the North East aspect of the village. Materials and Trades are sourced locally to the highest standards. There is both a general defects period and structural warranty as provided by NSW legislation

What is the process for maintenance & repairs?

You are responsible for maintenance and repairs to your home, garden and structures on your lot of land. All village maintenance and repairs to common areas, footpaths, common roadways and the Community Centre are cared for by Central Village Management.

Can I customise my apartment?

Yes, you have the option to choose from 2 colour schemes, for the inside of your home.

Can family and friends stay with me?

Yes, for short periods only. Refer to the Residential (Land Lease) Communities Act 2013 and Community Rules.

How do I receive mail?

Each home has an individual locked letter box conveniently located at the community centre with full Australia Post service